Kids Marathon Runners and Families:
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN SOON!!
Children may register at www.grandrapidsmarathon.com for FREE.
Start your training with the kickoff run to be held at Millennium Park on Monday, August 8, 2016 at 6:30pm.
The weather forecast anticipates a hotter summer than the past four years. Keep these tips in mind as you begin your training for this year’s 10TH ANNUAL HELEN DEVOS CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL GRAND RAPIDS KID’S MARATHON:
- Drink plenty of water or a sports drink before running and after running.
- If you are running for more than 20 minutes, you should drink water or a sports drink during your run. It is OK to stop and drink.
- Wear shorts and a t-shirt. Wear white as it does not absorb the heat as much as a darker color.
- Wear a hat to protect your skin from the sun and keep you cooler.
- Wear sunscreen but NOT on your forehead because as you sweat it may run into your eyes.
- Run slower on very hot/humid days.
- Try to run in the early morning or later in the afternoon when it is not as hot.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, October 22, 2016, for the 10TH ANNUAL HELEN DEVOS CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL GRAND RAPIDS KID’S MARATHON. Tell all your friends how much fun you had last year and encourage them to participate this year.
This would not be possible without the support of our sponsors:
Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital, our Title Sponsor
|Life EMS Ambulance||Grand Rapids Public Library||Klackle Orchards|
|Catholic Charities West Michigan||Culver’s||The YMCA|
|Metro Health Sports Medicine||Kent District Library||Transnation Title Agency|
Jan Host – Committee Chair
2016 Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital
Grand Rapids Kids Marathon Committee